There's something to be said for Very Simple Problems. So here's a toast to what I am hereby labeling VSP's. I think you'll find yourself extraordinary fortunate to only have these as 'issues' in your life. Please let me know if you disagree or would like to add any. This is a work in progress and should be socially understood:
- Too many clothes so I'll use the spare shelf I have in my plentiful closet space
- Computer mouse is dirty but I can launch a browser & MS Word just fine
- Bass isn't quite the right level in my bedroom but I have 800 albums to listen to
- Indoor plants needs watering but they are beautiful and healthy
- Car could use a wash but runs fine
- Buddha needs a new resting place in the house
- Candle is half-way gone from too many romantic dinners
- Automobile is getting old but runs great, performs well, costs nothing, goes fast, looks nice and that 4 cylinder saves me a bundle in gas
- Can't find time for 'travel' but seem to travel once a month domestically to fun places
- Pets need brushing but are healthy, at prime age, playful and have minimal vet bills
- Not strong enough to hold a 10 minute yoga headstand or thin enough for a bikini but I can do a 5 minute headstand and my spouse/significant other adores my body
- Don't have time to post all my photo albums because I'm too busy having fun
- Wish my iPod was slightly larger but I could get another if I wanted I suppose
- Never manage to make it out to fancy dinners... namely because I'd rather eat tasty, local, ethnic or otherwise cook at home
- My 600 thread count sheets are wrinkly
- House is a little dirty because the maid hasn't arrived yet
- Only got to play an instrument for a measly 30 minutes instead of the hour I'd intended
- Don't know what to cook with all this extra food from the Farmer's Market
Please pass this list on to anyone who may share the above or similar problems at any point in their lives. And hopefully the reader, yourself included will smile, smirk, laugh out loud or have an otherwise positive reaction at just how drastically fortunate we all are just to be here, reading, breathing, safe and sound, with almost no worries at this very moment in time. Observe that for just a second. Does it make you think, "Wow, I'm pretty happy about that whole deal"? Or that Very Small Problems could be looked at as Numerous Small Blessings?
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Good perspective. Two more.
Have to take kids to pediatrician but am fortunate to have health insurance and healthy kids.
Have to clean the house for company but am lucky to have friends that want to share their time with us.
Have to get up earlier than I want to go to the gym but at least I want to go to the gym.
I am thankful for my high electric bill because it means I have heat in my house.
I am thankful for the lady behind me at church who sings off key because it means I can hear.
I am thankful for the mess to clean after a party because it means I have friends who visit.
I am thankful for the parking space in the back of the lot because it means I can use my legs and walk.
Post a Comment